I am a curious person, in everything I do, I put myself on the line and experiment. I am a friend of Richard Meitner, an American artist and now a professor in Portugal; he often told me that the Murano technique is beautiful and fascinating, but he repeated to me: “Fabio, you have to simplify”. From this suggestion I started my journey towards contemporary experimentation.
LU Murano is present at the exhibition Hotel and Spa Design 2010, an event dedicated to the design and wellness of hospitality that takes place from 14 to 18 November 2010 in Naples during the Mostra d’Oltremare. In 2010, Fabio Fornasier’s dynamic creativity earned his studio the top design prize at the UK Lighting design awards 2010 and also gave rise to two new models to join the LU Murano Collection: cLUb and LUngo.
- Fabio Fornasier interviewed by the Cologni Foundation 21 March 2018
- LU Murano in the permanent collection of the Murano Glass Museum 20 March 2018
- Murano Gallery LUAB 4.0, the new international glass art gallery 18 October 2017
- LUme, hanging lights 30 July 2016
- Janus, between Past and Future: LUgiano 4 April 2015